Philosophy Doctor (PhD) in Public Policy and Political Economy, University of Texas at Dallas, USA, 14th May 2016. Dissertation: Business and Social Efficiency of the Indonesian State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs): Evidence from Data Envelopment Analysis. Supervising Professor: Dr. Brian J. L. Berry.
Master of Public Policy (MPP), Hitotsubashi University at Tokyo, Japan, 30th July 2010. Thesis: The Effects of Political Competition on Economic Performance: Do Religion and Regional Differences Matter? Supervising Professor: Dr. Masahiko Takeda.
Bachelor of Applied Science (SST) in Accounting, State Finance Polytechnic (PKN) STAN, Indonesia, 29th July 2005. Thesis: Strategic Management Evaluation of the Indonesia Directorate General of Customs and Excise. Supervising Professor: Iqbal Islami, MBA.
EXPERIENCES IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR
March 2012 – present: Researcher (equivalent with Assistant Professor) at the Fiscal Policy Agency (FPA), the Indonesia Minister of Finance (MOF). Supervisor: Dr. Adi Budiarso.
2010 – present: Lecturer and Trainer at the BPPK (Financial Education and Training Agency) and PKN STAN. Courses: Strategic Management, Political Economy, and Economics.
March 2020 – present: Principal Investigator for Research on Rural Sustainable Development at FPA. Supervisor: Dr. Adi Budiarso.
August 2014 – December 2019: Consultant of Indonesian Innovators for UNPSA (United Nations Public Service Award) at the Ministry of Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform. Supervisor: Mirawati Soedjono and Muhammad Imanuddin.
April – December 2018. Principal Investigator for Research on Fiscal Incentives at Special Economic Zones (SEZs) at FPA. Supervisor: Dr. Rofyanto Kurniawan.
February – December 2018: Principal Investigator for Research on Economic Impact Analysis of Village Funds at FPA. Supervisors: Dr. Hidayat Amir and Basuki Purwadi.
June 2011 – August 2012: Section Chief (Kepala Subbidang equivalent with the 4th echelon), FPA, MOF. Supervisor: Ramadhan Harisman, MBA.
August 2007 – June 2011: Policy Analyst, FPA, MOF. Supervisor: Dr. Irfa Ampri.
September 2001 – August 2007: Auditor, Directorate General of Customs and Excise, MOF. Supervisor: Djaka Kusmartata.
September 2016 – present: Member of Audit Committee at PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero), a state-owned enterprise that operates Indonesian major airports including Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The Committee is reporting to the the Board of Commissionaire. Supervisors: Agus Santoso, Air Vice-Marshal (Ret) Mujahidin Harpin Ondeh, and Dr. Rhenald Kasali.
August – December 2019: Lead Consultant for Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) of Perisai Program at BP Jamsostek (Indonesia Labor Social Security Agency). The consultant team was reporting to the Executive Director. Supervisors: Romie Erfianto.
May – December 2018: Lead Consultant for Business Roadmap and Innovation of Membership Strategy at BP Jamsostek (Indonesia Labor Social Security Agency). The consultant team was reporting to the Supervisory Board. Supervisors: Dr. Syafri Adnan Baharuddin and Dr. Poempida Hidayatulloh.
July 2014 – January 2016: Lead Consultant for Business Transformation at PT Reska Multi Usaha, a subsidiary of PT KAI (Persero). The consultant team was reporting to the Board of Director. Supervisor: Sugiyono.
May 2014 – August 2015: Lead Consultant for Business Process Improvement at PT HK Realtindo a subsidiary of PT Hutama Karya (Persero). The consultant team was reporting to the Board of Director. Supervisor: Dr. Taufik Hendra Kusuma.
January 2003 – August 2007: Senior Consultant for Strategic Management and Human Resource Development at PT Trustco Management Institute. Supervisor: Bambang Sutrisno Wibowo.
ARTICLES IN JOURNAL/SUBMISSION
- Wardhana, Irwanda Wisnu,” Political Economy of Election Strategies: The Largest Democratic Country Case Study’, Journal International Game Theory Review (IGTR), Submission.
- Kapriadi, Arie Yanwar, Siti Nur Azizah, Irwanda Wisnu Wardhana, “The Immediate Impact of COVID-19 on Indonesian Tourism Industry”, Tourism Review, Submission.
- Arifin, Bondi, Eko Wicaksono, Rita Helbra Tenrini, Irwanda Wisnu Wardhana, Hadi Setiawan, Sofia Arie Damayanty, Akhmad Solikin, Maman Suhendra, Acwin Hendra Saputra, Gede Agus Ariutama, Praptono Djunedi, Arif Budi Rahman, Rudi Handoko, “Village Fund, Village-Owned Enterprises and Employment”, Journal of Rural Studies, First Revision.
- Solikhin, Akhmad, Maman Suhendra, Acwin Hendra Saputra, I Gede Agus Ariutama, Bondi Arifin, Eko Wicaksono, Irwanda Wisnu Wardhana, Rita Helbra Tenrini, Hadi Setiawan, Sofia Arie Damayanty, Praptono Djunedi, Arif Budi Rahman, Rudi Handoko. Village Funds and Infrastructure Development: Evidence from Indonesia. Utopía y Praxis Latinoamericana, in-press.
- Arifin, Bodi, Rita Helbra Tenrini, Eko Wicaksono, Arif Budi Rahman, Irwanda Wisnu Wardhana, Hadi Setiawan, Sofia Arie Damayanty, Akhmad Solikin, Maman Suhendra, Acwin Hendra Saputra, I Gede Agus Ariutama, Praptono Djunedi, Rudi Handoko, “Village Fund and Labor Working Hours: the Case of Indonesia” International Journal of Supply Chain, Management (IJSCM) [ISSN 2050-7399] in-press.
- Novita, Nova, Ficky Alkarim, Irwanda Wisnu Wardhana, and Poempida Hidayatullah. (forthcoming), “Examining the Membership Problems of Labor Social Security in Indonesia: A Systems Thinking Analysis.” International Journal of Supply Chain Management (IJSCM) ISSN 2050-7399, in-press.
- Setyawan, Dhani and Irwanda Wisnu Wardhana. 2020. “Energy Efficiency Development in Indonesia: An Empirical Analysis of Energy Intensity Inequality.” International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Volume 10 No. 4: 66-77. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32479/ijeep.8808.
- Wardhana, Irwanda Wisnu, and Dhani Setyawan. 2020. “Determinants of Labor Market in Jakarta Metropolitan Area: A Survival Analysis of Commuters.” Communications-Scientific letters of the University of Zilina 22, no. 2: 42-51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.26552/com.C.2020.2.42-51.
- Wardhana, Irwanda Wisnu, Nova Novita, Ficky Alkarim, and Poempida Hidayatullah. 2020. “Issue and Challenges in Low Membership of Labor Social Security in Indonesia: The Role of Perisai.” International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, Volume 9 – Issue 1
- Wardhana, Irwanda W. 2016. “Political Economic Determinants of Growth Acceleration: A Korea- Indonesia Comparative Study”. Kajian Ekonomi Keuangan Vol 20 No. 1 (April 2016), 77-95. URL: http://www.fiskal.kemenkeu.go.id/ejournal/index.php/kek/article/view/182/0 (accessed on May 30th, 2018)
- Wardhana, Irwanda W. 2011. “The Effects of Political Institutions on Sources of Economic Growth: Case of Developing Countries”. Widya Riset LIPI Vol. 14, No. 3.
- Juni 2020 – present: Division Head of Promotion and Investment of the Indonesia Smart Energy Society (MECI – Masyarakat Ekonomi Cerdas Indonesia).
- December 2019 – present: Member of National Committee of the Indonesian Association of Islamic Economist (IAEI – Ikatan Ahli Ekonomi Islam).
- November 2019 – present: Vice Chairman of IKANAS STAN (National alumni organization).
- March 2019 – present: Founder and Supervisory Board of Sukamaju Digital Indonesia.
- November 2018 – present: Deputy Division Head of the National Committee of the Indonesian Researcher Union (Himpunan Peneliti Indonesia).
- January 2019 – present: Founder of Sekolah Kepeloporan (Pioneering School).
- November 2017 – present: Founder and Secretary of Institute for Management, Policy, and Public Service Gatra Nusantara.
- November 2018 – November 2019: Chairman of Center for Public Policy Studies (Puskkap), IKANAS STAN.
- June 2016 – June 2019: President of Business and Career Club (Klub Bisnis dan Karir).
- 2012 – 2013: Chairman of the Indonesian Students Association in USA (Perhimpunan Mahasiswa Indonesia di Amerika Serikat), the University of Texas at Dallas, USA.
- 2009 – 2010: Chairman of Committee on Strategic Studies of the Indonesian Students Association (Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia), Japan.
- 2004 – 2005: Founder and Chairman of the Indonesian State Colleges Students Forum (Forum Mahasiswa Kedinasan Indonesia).
- 2004 – 2005: President of the Student Government (Badan Eksekutif Mahasiswa) of PKN STAN.
Running (Marathoner), Traveling, and Reading